[FF] Clan
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
[FF] Clan

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Infection Part 1

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
ffcloud
Admin
ffcloud

Infection Part 1 Empty
PostSubject: Infection Part 1   Infection Part 1 Icon_minitimeThu Jul 03, 2008 6:07 pm

Chapter 1

It was a cool breezy day. The sun was hidden behind big, swollen dark clouds that covered the afternoon sky. Zack looked down at his hotdog stand. He never truly understood why his boss had put him undercover as a hotdog salesman in the park. Zack was a 25 year old 5’11 light skinned Caucasian. He was a first ranked S.W.A.T team member, and was highly trained with fire arms. That would explain why his fellow members gave him the codename Target. No matter what the situation was Zack never missed a shot. This talent saved his life many times in previous incidents. Although this was as far from “The Action” as he could get, he never complained about his boss’s decision.
Zack looked down at his watch. It was half an hour passed 8. Nothing suspicious had happened since he took this new role. He looked across the park at the playground where half a dozen kids remained. He liked children and hoped one day he could start a family of his own. The only problem was he always seemed too busy with his job to look into a relationship. As he began to put his hotdog supplies away, a loud crack of thunder roared across the night sky.
“Hmm, it might actually rain today.” Zack thought to himself. It was deep into summer, and it hadn’t rained in weeks. He continued to pack his supplies ignoring the two cracks of thunder that followed. As he finished putting his stuff away, he glanced over at the playground. All the kids that were there a few minutes ago had disappeared.
“Probably scared off by the thunder.” Zack said as he chuckled. He remembered his days as a kid. Everything seemed to be scary back then. Now it seemed the only fear he had was losing someone on one of his missions. He was after all the leader of his team, and thought of everyone in it as family.
That night when Zack got home, it had begun to rain. He went out to his backyard and called out for his dog Taz. Taz was a dark brown German shepherd, about 4 feet tall and weighed roughly around 90 pounds. He had offered to raise and train Taz for Military purposes, and had gotten close to the fun loving pooch. In a matter of seconds, the brown haired dog covered the yard and tackled Zack to the ground. He always seemed happy to see him.
“Hah, it’s good to see you too boy!” Zack said laughing as he nudged Taz off him. “It’s looking pretty bad out there, so you’re going to stay inside for the night.”
He then wandered off upstairs and took a quick shower. When he returned to the living room, he sat down on the couch and turned on the T.V. He never got much sleep due to psychological reasons of passed incidents. His therapist had told him he should take a break from the force. He figured that was one of the reasons why his boss put him on watch duty.
Zack flipped through the channels, but nothing good seemed to be on. In desperation he changed it to the news hoping he might have luck there. One channel was talking about a radioactive spill that occurred in a nearby lake.
“Officials have stated anyone who enters highway 19 which leads to pure lake will be forced to turn back until further notice. This has been the largest recorded radioactive spill in United States history. We have radiation covering a two mile radius.” Zack then changed the channel to the weather.
“The thunderstorm sneaked up on us. It is classified as a single cell storm until further notice. We urge everyone to stay indoors tonight and ride it out.” Zack then turned to Taz who was lying down on his doggy bed that was set up by the T.V.
“Well it’s a good thing you’re in here aye boy?” Taz replied with a profound look that made Zack laugh. Tired of watching the news, he changed the channel. A movie he recognized was on so he decided to spend the rest of the night watching it. Throughout the night Zack could hear rain pouring down followed by roars of thunder. Although the thunder was loud, he eventually fell asleep with the T.V still on. He had hardly got any sleep the night before and was exhausted. Who could have known this would be the last time he would sleep in his cozy little home.

Chapter 2

Zack slowly opened his eyes. As he sat up he checked his watch which read 9 am. He figured he must have fallen asleep around four in the morning, so he got a good five hours of sleep. It was his day off, so he didn’t have to worry about waking up so late. As he sat erect on his couch he looked at the T.V screen. It showed nothing but static.
“That’s weird.” Zack thought as he flipped through the channels. To his surprise they were all the same. Static. He then looked over at Taz’s bed and noticed he wasn’t there. Suddenly Zack began to hear Taz barking. This was odd because Taz was trained to only bark when someone was in danger, and he was barking madly. Zack stood up and walked across the living room over to where Taz’s barks originated. As he reached the kitchen he found Taz sitting in front of the sliding glass door that lead to the backyard.
“Something wrong Taz?” Zack asked as he squatted down besides him. He then looked outside in the direction Taz was looking at. There was nothing out of the ordinary. He stood up and opened the sliding door to have a better look. He trusted Taz’s instinct and knew if he was barking that vicious there must be something wrong. He took one step outside cautiously. He had done this hundreds of times before on his missions, and was used to taking these precautions. As his whole body left his cozy little house he turned to all sides looking for anything out of the ordinary. Just then Taz jumped outside and ran towards the northern wall that formed his backyard fence. Zack trailed behind him and stopped where Taz did.
“Is there something on the other side boy?” He asked. The dog continued to bark and stood up with his front paws on the fence. Zack looked around and found a small box he could use to step on. He picked up the small box and set it down against the fence. He then got on it and looked over his fence revealing a street. What he saw over his fence would forever change his life.
It wasn’t the crashed cars, the few burning homes, the people running for their lives, no what got to him were the people that weren’t running. In fact you could even say they were limping. These weren’t regular people. They reminded him of zombie movies he had seen. They all looked like they had been in serious injuries. Some were even missing limbs. What he noticed the most though were the faces. They all had blood drenched mouths. Although he only saw around five of them, he knew there must be more across the city, and even in peoples’ homes. As soon as he came up with that conclusion Taz began to bark fiercely. He turned around and to his surprise there was one of them headed towards him from the gate of his backyard. It was a large black male so he knew he couldn’t over power him with bare fists. Zack was used to these moments that required quick thinking and searched around the yard floor for a weapon he could use. Luckily for him the weekend before he had done some yard work and left a shovel standing against the fence to his right. In seconds he dashed towards the spade and picked it up by the handle baseball style. The walking corpse was only a few feet away from him now so he charged the shovel back then released it with a powerful swing aimed directly at the mans head. At first the corpse didn’t seem affected by the blows, so Zack continued to swing at him. Blood splattered everywhere. He even got some on his arms. After 3 continuous swings the corpse fell back. He continued to bash the head of the now seemingly truly dead body. After 5 swings he stopped to take a breath, he was exhausted. The body stayed limp and motionless. He figured he wasn’t getting back up, so he started towards the kitchen door. It seemed like only two steps later he felt something grab his leg. It was the corpse. Agitated, Zack held the shovel by the blade and buried it into the neck of the assailant. The hand released his leg and Zack stepped into his cozy home with Taz right behind him.
He stumbled into the house. Not because he had any injuries, but from delusion of what he had just witnessed. Not once in his many years of working in the force had he encountered something of this caliber. He thought back to incidents where his team was forced to take on mass killers. Nothing compared to this. He then raced into his basement where he had his S.W.A.T radio. It was procedure to call in when something like this happened. He had been temporarily released form his leadership when he took watch duty, but still had access to his team. He turned on the radio and turned the dial to channel 10.
“This is Target calling in all members of squad 5 to report their status. Over” He waited but got no reply. He tried again hoping to have better luck.
“This is Target calling in all members of squad 5 to report their status. Is anyone out there, over?” Still nothing. Zack continued to call out but he didn’t get any reply. He was about to give up when he heard a faint voice reply.
“This is Spike reporting in. I am currently located in the basement of my house. Franks here too but he’s hurt. Over” Zack quickly recognized the voice to be of his best friend Matt. Matt was a 24 year old black man. He was a bit taller than Zack and had a naturally buff physique. They had known each other since they were kids, and had both successfully joined S.W.A.T. If there was anyone he was happy to know was alive, it was Matt.
“Spike, hang in there, I am going over right now. Care for Frank while I get my supplies. I’m going on foot. Over” As he said that he ran across his basement to a cabinet located a wall on the far side of the room. He began to open it when he got another reply.
“Target it’s too dangerous for you to go walking. We have the Hummer, we’ll go to you. Over” Spike replied.
“You know the procedure Spike, Franks hurt. We can’t risk losing a member. Besides I only live four blocks away from you. I’ll be fine, over and out.” Zack said as he reached into his cabinet. In it he had his S.W.A.T supplies he used for moments like these. He pulled out his sleek, black SIG P220 9mm with 8 round magazine pistol. Zack knew moments like these were unpredictable, so he took out a few cases of bullets and put them in a pouch located on his belt. Zack looked at his bullet proof vest. He figured it would weigh him down, and that was something he didn’t need right now so he left it. Besides the vest was his M16. It included a 330 round magazine. He hung the strap on his shoulder and continued to look for stuff he might need. By the time he was done equipping himself, he had acquired a grenade, a first aid kit, a flashlight, and a KA-BAR Combat knife that consisted of a 5 inch handle, and 7 inch blade that he holstered onto his belt. He then closed the cabinet and walk upstairs to the front door where Taz was located. He then put a safety vest on the dog. He wouldn’t dare leave Taz alone in this kind of situation. He was after all part of the team. Zack then gripped the door handle and turned the knob.
“Its show time.” He said as he pulled the door open and ran out into the unknown. Taz was right behind him.
Back to top Go down
http://ffclan.roflforum.net
ffcloud
Admin
ffcloud

Infection Part 1 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Infection Part 1   Infection Part 1 Icon_minitimeThu Jul 03, 2008 6:08 pm

Chapter 3

Zack stopped when he reached the end of his porch. It took him a couple seconds to take in his surroundings. If anything this view was twice as bad as the backside. There were cars piled on each other. He could make out a few bodies in the wreck. Also there were many more burning buildings. The sky was covered in smoke. Zack also had a view of the deep city. Chaos filled the sky as military choppers he recognized hovered over and about the sky scrapers.
He looked down the street towards his destination. There were about two dozen of those half dead fiends walking around. He figured his best option was to run passed them. So far none of them had moved any faster than limping so he knew he had a good chance at making it to Matt’s house without a problem.
Without a second thought Zack took off with Taz trailing him. He covered the first block easy. The zombies were spread out pretty well so he had no difficulty maneuvering passed them. He finished up the second block with as much ease as the first. He then reached the park.
“Halfway there.” He thought to himself as he raced through the path he went through daily for his undercover duties. He was nearly out of the park when he heard a loud cry for help. He turned around and looked in the direction he had heard the cry. It came from a female. She was standing on top of one of the slides in the playground he has glanced at the night before. She was light skinned with short black hair and looked like she was in her young twenties. By the form of her eyes he could tell she was of Asian decent. As Zack neared the playground, he could see why the woman was scared. At the base of the slide were four undead corpses reaching up at her. He rapidly took out his P220 from its holster and aimed it at the head of one of the undead. He figured he only needed to take out two of them to save the girl since the other two were on the opposite side. As he fired, the bullet penetrated the corpses head and it collapsed to the floor. By this point the woman had noticed him and covered her ears to muffle the sound of the gunshots.
Zack then aimed his pistol at another zombie, and with a small splatter of blood originating from its head it too collapsed. He then raced to the base of the slide. He knew he only had a couple seconds before the other zombies would close in on him. So he tried to not waste any time.
“Jump down!” he shouted to the girl. At first she hesitated, but after glancing at the other two zombies she eagerly hopped down. Zack caught her and set her to her feet.
“Thank you so much, I don’t know what I would’ve done if you hadn’t come through here.” She said as she hugged him closely.
“No problem, are you hurt?”
“No I’m fine, just a bit shaken up.” She said still clinging on to him. The other zombies were getting close now.
“We need to move fast, follow me.” He said. She replied with a nod and he started towards the direction he was originally headed to. She followed him close behind not looking back at the playground.
The last block was as easy to get passed as the first two had been. As they reached the front door of Matt’s house, Zack knocked on the door. All the undead were a good distance away, so they weren’t in much of a hurry to get in. After 20 seconds of knocking, Zack began to worry. He knocked again louder than before. Then out of nowhere they heard gunshots. Zack pulled out his pistol and shot the doorknob. The door freely swung open. He raced to the back of the kitchen and through the basement door.
When he reached the bottom of the stairs he couldn’t believe what he saw. On the floor was the dead body of Frank. He had a bullet hole on his forehead. Matt stood besides him with his pistol aimed at Frank. He then turned and looked at Zack with a look of desperation.
“There was nothing else I could have done. He transformed into one of those-, those things. I had to.” Matt said as he stared blankly to the ground.
“How, why did this happen?” Zack asked confused as he continued to stare at the body lying on the floor.
“I don’t know. He told me about how he got surrounded on his way here. One of them bit him on his arm.” Zack looked at Frank's arm and saw the swollen gash. How could this be happening? Why was this happening? These were questions he needed answered.
“Matt, have you been able to reach anyone else?”
“Yeah, I got an answer from Riley a bit after talking to you. He said he’s in the police station. Everyone else in our squad is there. According to him it’s safe, and they have enough supplies to live off of for a good 6 months. I think we should go there.” This was the best news Zack had heard all day. If it really was safe then that’s where they were headed. Just then the girl from the park stood besides Zack and gasped. Matt then turned to her.
“You picked up a civilian? You know that’s against procedures.” He said as he turned to Zack.
“I had to. She . He’s as good as it gets. He’ll keep you safe.” Spike said with a wink. Tammy then looked up at Zack and smiled.
“Thank you, once again for saving me.” She said as she gave him another hug.
“It’s all in the job.” Zack replied a bit flustered. “Ok were heading to the police station. If it’s truly safe there then that’s our best shot at survival. Spike gear up, were leaving in five.” As he finished with that command he turned to Tammy.
“Have you ever shot a gun?”
“Yes. My dad used to take me to the shooting range to practice for self defense. I’m not very good though. Why?” She said confused by the question. At that moment Zack walked over to Frank’s truly dead corpse. He squatted down and did a small prayer for his fallen comrade. When he finished, he shut Frank’s eyes and reached down to his belt where his pistol was still holstered. He then undid the strap that held it in place and pulled out the pistol. It was the same model as Zack’s. He got up and walked over to Tammy handing her the gun.
“I want you to hold this. If you ever in danger and I’m not around, I want you to use it. Don’t hold back” He said looking into her eyes.
“Ok.” She responded while nodding up at Zack. Spike then appeared from the backside of the basement with all of his gear.
“Let’s go boss!” He said with a cock of his shotgun.
“Right!” Zack replwas surrounded by those things. I couldn’t leave her alone. Besides I’m still your commanding officer, I say what the procedures are.” Zack said with a mischievous smile. He truly was Spikes boss, but he never felt better than him. In fact, he admired Spikes ability to take action when needed.
“Alright boss.” He replied with a grin. “So what’s your name anyway?” He said as he turned to her. Zack then realized in all the chaos that had recently happened he never asked for her name himself and was curious to know what it was.
“My name is Tammy.” She replied timidly, still shaken up from the recent events. She lived a simple life, and her greatest worries used to consist of being late to work or getting a bad grade in one of her college courses. She never in her life imagined something like this would happen to her.
“Well it’s a good thing Zack here found you. They all rushed up the stairs and exited out the front door where they found Taz waiting for them. There were two dozen more zombies outside than before. They walked over to the driveway where Spike had his military Hummer parked. They all entered the vehicle hurriedly including Taz. Spike started the engine and pulled out of the driveway. Their next stop was the police station.
Back to top Go down
ffcloud
Admin
ffcloud

Infection Part 1 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Infection Part 1   Infection Part 1 Icon_minitimeThu Jul 03, 2008 6:08 pm

Chapter 4

Taz barked as they zoomed down the streets. Matt did the best he could to maneuver passed the walking dead, but he couldn’t help hitting a few of them. Tammy looked at the shop she used to work at. It was a small pie shop ( XD ) that used to have a glass entrance. By this point, all the glass had been shattered, and everything inside was a mess drenched in blood.
“Looks pretty bad.” Zack said noticing the expression on Tammy’s face.
“Yea, it does. It kind of makes me regret coming to this place.” She replied still fixed on the destruction outside.
“Oh? So then where are you from?”
“A little town you have never heard of, and probably never will. When I was fifteen, my parents died in a car crash. That day kind of opened my eyes. I lived with my aunt, but I knew I would leave that town as soon as possible. I didn’t want to die there. As soon as I turned eighteen I took a train here in hopes of finding a more fulfilling life.”
“I see.” Zack replied. Although he put his life on the line many times before, he had never really thought about dying. His mentality told him it could happen whenever and where ever, so there wasn’t much of a reason to ponder over such things. He did think about Frank though. He wondered if Frank had had thought of an ideal death. If he had, Zack knew it couldn’t have consisted of what led to his death. He wanted to ask her more questions, but decided he should probably give her time to think.
“We’re almost there.” Spike called out still concentrated on the road. “It’s just passed that-.”
“What?” Zack asked at the abrupt stop of the vehicle. It didn’t take him long to realize why Spike stopped. Up ahead was the Police station. The entrance which appeared to have once been used as a barricade was torn down. There were no bodies to be seen, alive, dead, or in between.
“What now boss?” Matt asked fixed on the heap of fences. “Are we still going in?”
“At this point it might still be our only chance. Besides, we don’t know where Riley’s at. They might be inside waiting for us.” As much he didn’t believe that, the fact still remained. It really was their only chance at survival. Once the number of undead expanded, they wouldn’t be able to fight them off alone.
“Alright then, lets go” Matt said troubled. Although he believed in Zack and his decisions, common sense told him it was a bad idea. “Oh well” He thought to himself as he, Zack, Tammy and Taz got out of the vehicle.
“Alright, everyone follow me. Don’t wander off.” Zack said looking back at Tammy and Spike. He walked ahead with his pistol out and Taz by his side. Taz was good at spotting danger and always barked when something wasn’t right. Tammy followed in between Zack and spike. She felt a sense of protection being with two trained soldiers.
As they approached the barricade, Zack checked ahead to see if it was clear. He then hopped over the pile of fences and signaled to the others to join him. Tammy made it over with a bit of Zack’s help.
“That’s weird.” Matt said looking down at the heap of metal.
“What is?” Zack replied puzzled.
“The fences fell facing outside.” He answered. “Whatever caused these to fall wasn’t trying to get in. They were trying to get out.”
It was true. Zack hadn’t noticed the direction in which the fences had fallen. So then what did cause the fences to fall, and why? He thought about it and knew the only way he was getting an answer was by going inside the police station.
They walked towards the main entrance in the same formation they had been before crossing the barricade. By this time Matt had taken his shotgun out and was looking at the opposite direction making sure to avert any surprises. When they reached the front entrance, Zack slowly opened the door and peeked inside with his pistol ready to shoot anything that posed any danger. He took a step inside. The lights were off so it was hard to see, but for the most part it seemed safe so he signaled to Spike and Tammy to follow. As soon as they were all in, Taz began to bark madly.
“What is it boy? Is it one of them?” Zack asked as he aimed his pistol down the corridor. In an instant Taz took off down the hallway at his maximum speed.
“C’mon!” Zack called to Spike and Tammy as they raced behind the German shepherd. Taz was a good 40 feet away and took a sharp turn to his right into another hallway. Zack followed and turned into the hallway Taz had turned into but stopped upon entering. Taz was nowhere to be seen. As they walked down the hallway they noticed blood spilled on the floor. A bit up ahead they saw paw prints and decided to follow them. Spike held his shotgun up ready to fire. As Zack walked slowly down the hallway, he continuously looked left and right into the office rooms. There were many objects scattered on the floor including papers and other office supplies. As they continued to follow the bloody prints they couldn’t help but notice as they went farther the destruction increased. By the time they reached the end of the corridor they had been walking down, there was blood splattered all over the walls. They knew they would find the origin of the blood very soon.
They continued to follow the prints as they turned into another hallway. Zack walked cautiously making sure to look everywhere. The last thing they needed right now were surprises. He then stopped in front of a door. The paw prints led inside, so he knew he would have to enter to find Taz. He looked at a sign to the right of the door that read stairway to B1. He looked inside. Since there weren’t any windows from here on he took out his flashlight and held it under his pistol. Spike took out his flashlight and handed it over to Tammy. He couldn’t use it himself because his shotgun occupied both of his hands. They reached the top of the stairway that led to the basement. Zack stepped slowly as he walked down the stairs with Tammy and spike right behind him. As they reached the bottom of the steps, they aimed their flashlights down the corridor ahead of them. Besides a few ceiling lights that were flickering, it seemed empty. Zack felt uneasy as they started walking down the hallway.
“Zack, I’m scared” Tammy said as they continued walking. She then pointed her flashlight into the sixth room on the right and noticed a dark figure huddled in the corner.
“Um, Zack” She managed to stammer as she kept her flashlight fixed on the object. “I think there’s someone here”
Zack walked in the direction Tammy was pointing at. There was definitely someone there. He kept his pistol out and aimed it at the figure. “Hello, are you alright?” He asked taking a step towards the shadowy figure. It was squatting and had its face hidden between its legs. Just then the figure stood up revealing its grotesque features. It appeared to be a little girl no older than ten years old. She had long tangled black hair and even darker eyes. She then took a small step towards them revealing her blood stained mouth.
“She’s one of them!” Tammy yelled as she took a step back. Zack stared into the big black eyes of the little girl. What could have caused something so innocent to take this form, he thought to himself. He then aimed his pistol at the child’s head and pulled the trigger launching a miniature missile out of the barrel of his gun.
“Look out!” Tammy screamed pointing behind Matt. Zack turned around and saw about a dozen zombies were located right outside the room. Spike began to shoot his shotgun at the heads of the walking dead. Zack joined Matt as he fired one bullet after another as he stepped back. The undead bodies continued to increase as more of the zombies poured into the room they were in. At this point they were cornered with their backs against the wall as they continued to pump lead into the oncoming assailants. One managed to reach Matt. He wrestled with the human like beast doing his best to keep its jaws from coming in contact with his flesh. With a powerful shove, Matt managed to free himself from the corpse and aimed his shotgun directly at the zombies head as he pulled the trigger causing a massive amount of blood to spray the air. The living dead were only a few feet away now. Tammy trembled as she held the flashlight aimed at what appeared to her cause of death. She felt hopeless as she stood still watching Zack and Matt continue to fire at the zombies. To her this was the end.
Out of nowhere, four armed men jumped out from besides them and began spraying at the walking corpses. In a matter of seconds, the massive number of bodies that had ambushed them lay dead on the floor. They stood still in amazement. Zack then lifted his flashlight from the zombies and pointed it at their rescuers. In front of him stood Riley, Shadow, Wolf, and Crank.The remaining members of Squad 5.
“Took you guys long enough” Riley said with a grin on his face as Taz came out from behind Shadow.
Back to top Go down
ffcloud
Admin
ffcloud

Infection Part 1 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Infection Part 1   Infection Part 1 Icon_minitimeThu Jul 03, 2008 6:09 pm

Chapter 5

Riley led them all to the storage room. It was the only place guaranteed free from their flesh eating friends in the building. When they got in they sealed the entrance, and headed over to a corner where a light was being powered by a generator.
“What happened to this place? The police station is a wreck.” Zack said looking at his team.
“It was chaos in here!” Shadow replied. “We had the entire police force barricading the front entrance. No one cared to check the sewage entrance in the sublevel of the basement. They started entering by the dozens!”
“We took out many of them, but more kept entering. We then escaped up here, and sealed the entrance to the sublevel of the basement. There must be hundreds down there by now.”
“So then what caused the barricades to reverse?” Zack asked recalling the fences piled on the ground outside.
“Well the thing is by the time we had sealed the entrance, many of them had already gone up. We camped in the lobby and took out many of them, but the police officers all wussed out and escaped out the barricade. We stayed and took out the rest of the ones on ground level, but as you can see there are still some down here.”
“I see.” Zack said staring down at the ground. This all seemed like a long nightmare. Too long. By this point the police officers were probably already dead anyway.
“Alright, let’s come up with a plan.” Riley said to them as he stood leaning against a wall with his M16 in hand. He had been assigned temporary leader since Zack was told to take a break by his boss. Riley was their main man when it came to thinking up strategies. In Zack’s eyes Riley made the best Temporary leader. “I contacted headquarters. There’s good news. Apparently the undead haven’t spread beyond the city yet. We still have a good chance at stopping this before it goes national.”
“That’s good.” Was all Zack could reply. For good news it didn’t make him all that happy. Even if they did manage to destroy all the undead fiends, life would never be the same.
“They said reinforcements are on their way including the army.”
“So, Riley what do you suppose we do?”
“I say we go outside and help the reinforcements take them out.”
“We will be too exposed!” Crank yelled out from besides Matt who was in the center of the room. “If anything we should stay in here and ride it out.”
“That’s nonsense!” Riley replied. We don’t know how strong these doors are. Besides, there are a lot of them below us, what if they find a passage in here?”
Crank stood still staring at Riley. He knew he wasn’t very good at making decisions so he kept quiet.
“Guys,” Tammy called from a table where a radio was located. She had been playing with Taz as they were discussing. “I hear someone.”
Zack ran over besides Tammy and picked up the radio.
“This is Target from Squad 5, is someone there?”
“Target, this is Sergeant Alpha, its good to hear from you son” Zack’s ranking officer answered. “Listen up, the reinforcements are almost there. I sent a chopper to evacuate you and your team from the city. They will be landing on the roof. They can’t stay there long because of the risk of contamination. We still aren’t sure if this thing is air born, and were not taking any risks. You have two minutes to get up there. Good luck.”
“Thank you Sergeant!” Zack replied. Although he wanted to stay there and celebrate, the last comment stayed in his mind. They had two minutes to get to the roof. “Alright everyone, you guys heard the man. We need to get to the roof in less than two minutes. Let’s go!”
They went to the storage room entrance and unlocked the door. Zack looked both ways down the corridor. It looked empty so he ran outside and motioned to the rest of the group to follow. They followed one after another in their usual formation except with Tammy substituting in Franks spot. Zack led as they raced down the corridors back tracking their steps. When they reached the bottom of the steps, Zack looked up to make sure it was clear. He pointed his flashlight to the top and started climbing up the flight of stairs. They then ran outside the basement stairway into the bloody hallways on ground level.
Zack raced down the corridor and took a right. He ran down all the way until reaching the lobby where the door leading to the stairs were. He ran to the door and turned the handle. It was locked.
“Stand back” he called out as he shot the knob. Bits of metal flew as the door swung open. He ran to the door and was about to enter the stairway when he heard Tammy as Taz began to bark madly.
“Zack look!” She yelled as she pointed outside the Main entrance door. Zack couldn’t believe what he saw. Outside there were dozens of zombies headed towards the police station. Normally this wouldn’t worry him except for the fact that they were running as fast as the trained runners run in the Olympics. In a few seconds they would be inside the station.
“Go, Go, Go!” He yelled. Everyone had entered the stairway when he ran after them. When he reached the top of the stairs he heard glass shattering. They were in the building and headed right at them. Luckily the helicopter had already landed on the roof. Everyone ran towards the helicopter and started to get on including Taz as the choppers blades came to life. Just then, the door leading down to the lobby swung open, and multiple corpses ran towards the helicopter. The chopper started to ascend. It seemed like they were going make it out of there in one piece.
They were six feet in the air when the zombies reached the helicopter. They jumped in the air and held onto the landing polls causing the chopper to lose elevation. Zack, Riley and spike shot at the living dead they could see.
“Zack, there are too many of them under the chopper!” the pilot called out. “We can’t take off with them hanging us down.”
They had to come up with a plan and fast. The chopper continued to lose elevation. At this rate they were all going to die there on the roof. Just then Matt jumped out of the helicopter and ran to the opposite side of the roof.
“No!” Zack yelled out as Matt began shooting at the oncoming zombies. The chopper then started to rise once again as more zombies turned their attention towards Matt. They flew up higher as Matt continued to shoot at the undead creatures. Matt looked up at Zack and waved goodbye. Soon after, the zombies reached him. All they could see was a crowd of zombies huddled over his best friend as they flew in the direction of the camp.

Chapter 6

A week has passed since they had been dropped off at the camp. Tammy spent most of her time with Zack. He was her comfort in all the chaos. The rest of the squad had returned to the city a few days before to help with the extermination. It turned out the cause of the infection was caused by molecules from the nuclear waste. It had been carried by the clouds, and dropped in the city in the form of rain. Anyone who had been outside, in the rain during the thunderstorm was infected. Taz had been set in the entrance of the camp to guard. Everything was finally calming down.
Zack walked into his Sergeant's tent with Tammy behind him.
“How are things going in the city?” He asked his ranking officer.
“We haven’t heard from the army since yesterday. We think something might have happened. The last transmission we got was from the basement of the police station your squad was located in. They were opening the sublevel entrance when their radio got cut off.”
Zack stood still for moment recalling what Riley had told them about the sublevel entrance. He then thought back to the Zombies they had encountered when fleeing, and how they had evolved to be able to run at high speeds. What if the zombies in the sublevel had evolved as well? He then looked over at Tammy. The look on her face told him she was thinking of the same thing. Just then Taz began to bark. Zack ran outside the tent followed by Tammy and Sergeant Alpha. He looked over to where Taz was barking and nothing seemed to be out of the ordinary. Then on the top of a hill about a quarter of a mile away from the camp he began to see small figures. There were over a hundred and they were heading straight at the camp. It didn’t take him long to realize what they were. He then entered his Sergeant's tent and returned with a shotgun in his hand.
“And so it begins.” He thought as he cocked the shotgun.

hurts the eyes, i know XD hope you enjoyed =]
Back to top Go down
zakktastic

zakktastic

Infection Part 1 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Infection Part 1   Infection Part 1 Icon_minitimeThu Jul 03, 2008 8:49 pm

i enjoyed this.
mostly because the guy has a great name Smile
Back to top Go down
http://myspace.com/actappauld
ffcloud
Admin
ffcloud

Infection Part 1 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Infection Part 1   Infection Part 1 Icon_minitimeThu Jul 03, 2008 8:51 pm

LOL
Back to top Go down
zakktastic

zakktastic

Infection Part 1 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Infection Part 1   Infection Part 1 Icon_minitimeThu Jul 03, 2008 9:08 pm

no but seriously sweet story.
Back to top Go down
ffcloud
Admin
ffcloud

Infection Part 1 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Infection Part 1   Infection Part 1 Icon_minitimeThu Jul 03, 2008 9:17 pm

thanks man =]
Back to top Go down
zakktastic

zakktastic

Infection Part 1 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Infection Part 1   Infection Part 1 Icon_minitimeThu Jul 03, 2008 9:26 pm

no problem Smile
Back to top Go down
Nemesis

Nemesis

Infection Part 1 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Infection Part 1   Infection Part 1 Icon_minitimeThu Jul 03, 2008 11:12 pm

nice... my chapters arent very long cos i suck Razz

*Nemesis
Back to top Go down
ScottFreeman

ScottFreeman

Infection Part 1 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Infection Part 1   Infection Part 1 Icon_minitimeFri Jul 04, 2008 10:15 am

EXELLENT! very soon i shall write my stories.... muhahahaaha
Back to top Go down
ffcloud
Admin
ffcloud

Infection Part 1 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Infection Part 1   Infection Part 1 Icon_minitimeThu Jul 17, 2008 11:57 am

ADDED NEW CHAPTER HERE
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Infection Part 1 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Infection Part 1   Infection Part 1 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Infection Part 1
Page 1 of 1